Rudy Troyer, LCSW
CEO & Administrator at The Recovery Center of Baton Rouge
Rudy has worked in the addiction and mental health field since 1997. He received a B.A. degree in Psychology from Southeastern Louisiana University in December of 2000. He then earned a Master of Social Work Degree in May of 2003 from Louisiana State University. Rudy has been in private practice since 2007 specializing in Christian counseling, addictions counseling, anxiety disorders, depression, personality disorder, trauma work, family of origin work, and family intervention. In 2010, Rudy partnered with Marcia Bannister to found The Recovery Center of Baton Rouge, LLC. He currently serves as the Chief Officer and also provides group and individual therapy at The Recovery Center.
David "Fritz" Vogt, LCSW
Family Therapist at The Recovery Center of Baton Rouge
Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Private Practice
Fritz is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker that specializes in the treatment of addictive disorders. He is a graduate of Southeastern Louisiana University and the Louisiana State University School of Social Work. His approach to therapy is client centered and supportive. He is committed to helping individuals and families achieve their personal goals as well as improve their overall quality of life. He looks forward to working with you.
Continuing Education Units
Psychologists: LGPS is an approved continuing education sponsor for Louisiana licensees.
Social Workers: LGPS is an approved continuing education sponsor for Louisiana licensees.
Counselors: LGPS will submit an application to become an approved provider for Louisiana licensees.
Louisiana Group Psychotherapy Society
- Identify common misconceptions about addictive disorders, group work, and recovery.
- Obtain a general understanding of effective assessment, treatment planning, and referral techniques with in a group or individual psychotherapy setting.
- Understand current themes and trends within the addiction treatment community (State of the Union).
- Obtain an understanding of varying psychotherapy interventions that can be effective in working with addicted populations.
- Understand common defense structures and defense reduction strategies in addiction group work.
- Understand addiction from a family systems perspective and how this influences both progression and resistance in group process, along with in the person’s overall recovery.
2018 Fall Institute
Rudy Troyer, LCSW & David "Fritz" Vogt, LCSW
Effective Group Work and Addictive Disorders: Undoing the Myth
Baton Rouge General - Behavioral Wellness Center
4045 North Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806